[mythtv-users] I got the tools like apt , but apt can not install mythtv-suite

Mark Murray marklmurray at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 01:47:58 UTC 2007

On 7/29/07, zhaomax <zhaomax at 163.com> wrote:
> Hi
>     I got the tool  like apt ,when  I   run  "apt-get install
> mythtv-suite",the  result  is
>  "Couldn't find package mythtv",how i can use apt ?
>    Thanks
>    zhaomax

Try this command first: `apt-cache search mythtv`.  This should give
you a listing of the actual names of the packages (related to mythtv)
in the repositories you have configured.  You're probably looking for
something like "mythtv-backend", "mythtv-frontend", etc. depending on
how hour distribution packages it - you didn't mention which one
you're running.

If you don't get anything from it, you may not have your repositories
configured correctly in /etc/apt/sources.list .

Good luck!

Mark

--
Mark Murray