[mythtv-users] Mixing off air and internet guide data

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Sun Jul 29 22:40:38 UTC 2007

On 29/07/07, Ben Edwards <funkytwig at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am using the UK Radio Times guide data but the current grabber in
> Ubuntu Feisty.   There are some new channels which are not included in
> the grabber.  Was wondering if it was possible to use off-air DVB
> guide data for these 'missing' channels?

Yes, that should work.  That's how I was running version 0.19.  I used
the Radio Times for the channels I normally watched and EIT for the
rest, just because I couldn't be bothered to configure xmltv for all
the junky stuff.  I've since started running svn, which had a problem
with EIT and autoshutdown  when I moved over, so I stopped using EIT
(I haven't tried to see if that's been fixed now).

Just run mythfilldatabase as normal for the existing channels and, for
the extra channels, enable the off-air guide information (can't
remember exactly what it's called) on the channel pages of
mythtv-setup.

Is there some part of it that isn't working?  There's a global "enable
EIT" setting somewhere (probably under card setup) but I think that's
enabled by default.