[mythtv-users] Still Having Trouble Getting HD5000 Card To Work Using Newer Kernel

David Stuller dcstuller at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 29 22:02:41 UTC 2007

I have seen posts about certain dvb cards not working after the kernel went past .20 but I would have thought it would have been fixed by now.  So it leads to me to believe I am doing something wrong.  I have reverted back to kernel 2.6.19-1.2288.fc5 and everything works fine but when I use the new kernel on FC7 2.6.22 my haupauge 350 cards work but not my dvb (HD5000).  I have tried running dvbscan and it doesn't find any channels.  I would call myself a novice when it comes to troubleshooting this stuff, but it appears to find the card on boot because I have a /dev/dvb/adapter0,  I guess I am just asking if this is still a problem (then I will stop trying to fix it) or is it me.  I want to start using svn and that is why I am jumping to the latest release of FC7, can't find all the dependencies for my fc5 kernel.....

thanks for any help.