[mythtv-users] yum update broke myth on fc8 using atrpms

Monkey Pet monkeypet at gmail.com
Sun Jul 29 02:07:03 UTC 2007

I did a yum update, afterwards mythtv refuses to start... wondering if
anyone else ran into this issue.  I just did it today.  I am running
fc8.

[root at mythtv fa]# /etc/init.d/mythbackend restart
Stopping mythbackend:                                      [FAILED]
Starting mythbackend: /usr/bin/mythbackend: error while loading shared
libraries: libmythtv-0.20.1.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No
such file or directory
                                                           [FAILED]
[root at mythtv fa]# rpm -qa |grep myth
mythcontrols-0.20.1-161.fc7