[mythtv-users] VIA ITX and case recommendations for MythTV

Tim Coughlin tim at doze.net
Sat Jul 28 22:06:30 UTC 2007

I'll second the suggestion for a pre-built ITX system from
caseoutlet.com. I have a rack mounted one at work for a portable
presentation system. However, if you are have time, energy and a little
patience, you could go a completely different route for your case. A few
years ago, when I first started working (read playing) with MythTV, I
looked at the price of ITX cases and decided not to buy one. Instead, I
picked up a dead satellite receiver box on ebay for $20 and mounted my
M10000 in it. The nice part is that it then looks like it belongs with
other A/V equipment. As for what board to get, M10000 and M13000 from
VIA are both decent if older boards. I can't speak to any of the newer ones.
-Tim