[mythtv-users] Playing XVids off a CD

Jongi jongitech at gmail.com
Sat Jul 28 21:05:50 UTC 2007

Message: 8
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 10:51:42 -0700
From: Brad DerManouelian <myth at dermanouelian.com>
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Playing XVids off a CD
To: Discussion about mythtv <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>

I think I can see it conceptually:

1. When CD/DVD placed into drive, search for
a) VOB files,,or
b) files with extension avi or mpg.

2. If a) execute command to start DVD playback, eg xine -pfhq --no-splash

3. If b) execute command that starts player, with dialog box open in root
directory of DVD drive

4. If neither a) nor b), do nothing.

However I would not have a clue as to where to start. Have you done such a
script?

Regards
Jongi