[mythtv-users] UK Radio Times Grabber "Seen twice" error

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 19:29:21 UTC 2007

On 27/07/07, jonny Linux <jonnylinux at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've noticed in the last couple of days I've not been getting any new
> listings from the UK RT grabber.
>
> I get "channel named 'Cartoon Network Too' seen twice at
> /usr/bin/tv_grab_uk_rt line 199."
>
> Where do these channels come from? Is there a config file with all the
> channels in, or is the channel duplicated on the RT website?
>
> Is anyone else having this problem?

I posted the workaround to XMLTV CVS 'late last night' and dealt with
the relevant XMLTV ticket. I also replied to a poster on the
xmltv-users list so it's quite likely the OP didn't see my reply (or
didn't look...).

<advice>You should really be aware of the individual mailing lists
(esp XMLTV) is this is where many issues will be brought up. The fact
that the mythtv-users list is so full of non-MythTV issues is not
something to be taken for granted, but does mean users can generally
get by without having to follow other lists.
</advice>

The update looked at a couple of issues:

i) the fatal error due to the duplicate named channels (CN Too) in the
RT config;
ii) updated the Nat Geo Wild config to now provide listings data;
iii) corrected the Cartoon Network channel naming (Toonami is no more
apparently); and
iv) flag known bad (typically empty) channels in the XMLTV config to skip them

I also added a few more new channels to the config, so it's a good
idea to grab a new snapshop to add more testing to my workaround (I'm
not a big Perl user).

I have a couple of other tweaks I hope to add in the next few days,
and have also reported the issue to the RT in the hope that they will
get it fixed soon (it's a problem because they have multiple configs
for the same channels, with and without listings data attached, so
they should really be removed.)

Cheers,

--
Nick