[mythtv-users] Odd: Storage Group is showing two different drives as the same MythTV drive

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Fri Jul 27 15:07:57 UTC 2007

* On Thu Jul 26, 2007 at 06:05:17AM -0400, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 07/25/2007 10:21 PM, Chris Pinkham wrote:
> > I thought that this 5-minute rate
> >

> It's a 5-second rate, right?

Yes. :(  I was thinking 5 second, was looking right at the source, even
did the doublecheck in my head that 60 / 12 = 5 and still wrote it wrong
in the email.

> But, since the time required to check all the directories is probably
> quite a bit less than 5 seconds, we might be able to lower it.  However,
> I'd think that a false positive test for uniqueness would be worse than
> a false negative.  If we think 2 directories on the same filesystem are

I agree.  Thinking that two directories are on different filesystems would
mess up the load balancing and potentially allow the disk to fill up or
expire too much.

--
Chris