[mythtv-users] Reception/Channel Locking/Nova T 500

James Cummings cummings.james at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 09:46:15 UTC 2007

Hi There,

I'm rather new to mythtv, but I bought a box from efficientpc.co.uk with a
Nova T 500 card in it running Ubuntu Feisty.  Although I'm in a flat with a
shared antenna/aerial, we've had several off-the-shelf freeview receivers
over the years and they have worked fine.  But with mythtv I'm occasionally
getting lots of problems locking on to channels. I have tried doing a full
scan, with no benefits.  I've tried creating a channel.conf (luckily there
exists an example one for my transmitter (Oxford, UK)), and importing that.

The symptoms seem to be if the box is left for a long time (overnight say)
then it will have difficult locking on channels when I try in the morning,
even though it says signal is high and it is a perfectly clear day.  But if
we restart mythtv-backend then it will suddenly be able to lock on the
channels again.  While this workaround works, it is frustrating.  My initial
tests with tzap confirm that it is getting a lock on these channels, but I
don't really understand the numbers in the output to be honest.

Do these symptoms sound familiar to anyone?  I keep looking through the
setup and preferences, etc. to see if there is some setting I've mis-set.

Many thanks for any help,

-James

--
James Cummings, Cummings dot James at GMail dot com