[mythtv-users] American EPG Data Provider Found?

Brian Steele steele.brian at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 23:30:50 UTC 2007

On 7/26/07, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> True, but only for non-US users.  The "grabber" for US schedule data is
> built into mythfilldatabase and uses SOAP to access the DataDirect web
> service.
>
> But, your point is valid.  Even if the URL were configurable, the rest
> of the code supporting the DataDirect web service likely would not be
> applicable to some other service (like Schedules Direct), unless
> Schedules Direct does everything exactly as DataDirect did.

I recall a dev saying early on in the discussion when Zap2it first
announced they were stopping their service that a solution to this
problem would most likely go through XMLTV and therefore require no
changes to Myth itself.  You would just have to install an up-to-date
XMLTV that knows how to talk to Schedules Direct and tell Myth to use
it.