[mythtv-users] Cheap X2's at newegg.

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 21:02:27 UTC 2007

On 26/07/07, Calvin Dodge <caldodge at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 7/26/07, jedi at mishnet.org <jedi at mishnet.org> wrote:
> >
> > If you are going to go to all that trouble than just get an AM2.
> >
> > Newegg has combo deals on those too.
> >
> > 939 is a dead end at this point. The lowend X2 AM2's are near the same
> > price as these closeout 939 X2's I'm talking about.
>
> And if you get a "Lima' CPU, your computer will use even less power
> and put out less heat. Search for 65nm parts to get one.

The Lima core is for Athlon64 CPUs. If you want a thermally efficient
X2 CPU you want to look at the Athlon X2 CPUs with a Brisbane core
(AM2-based). They have the same TDP of 45W as the Lima-cored CPUs but
being X2s are dual core.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_AMD_Athlon_64_microprocessors

For reference, the Toledo-cored X2 3800+ CPU this thread started with
has a TDP of 89W.

--
Nick

MythTV Official wiki: