[mythtv-users] Case comparison - Silverstone LC16M and Antec Fusion V2 Silver

David Segall david at segall.net
Thu Jul 26 14:03:22 UTC 2007

Bob wrote:
> On Thursday 26 July 2007 18:08, Phil Vid wrote:
>>> Also, what are peoples opinions on VFDs?  Do you find they are actually
>>> useful?
>>>
>>> I suppose it might save turning on the tv to queue up some more music,
>>> but 2 lines of text sounds like a pretty thin user interface.
>> Never used the VFD on mine. The standard text is far too small to read
>> from far away, yet the programmable charset is too limited to display
>> a bitmap clock on.
>> Unless there is one with a full blown bitmap display I wouldn't bother
>> with it. That is unless you have eagle eyes or sit right near the box.
>
> The LCD display on the Antec Fusion Black looked nifty.  But it isn't
> supported under Linux, and doesn't sound like it will be any time soon.
>
> And I want a silver case.
I've got the original Antec Fusion silver case
<http://www.antec.com/ec/productDetails.php?ProdID=08738>. The VFD
display works with both LCDproc and Mythlcdserver. The instructions for
getting the volume knob on the case to work with MythTV
<http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Volume_Knob_on_Antec_Fusion>
contain the link to the page for getting the VFD to work and describes a
possible problem with newer versions of the case.