[mythtv-users] Merging master backends?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Jul 26 09:47:45 UTC 2007

On 07/26/2007 04:23 AM, Dave Phillips wrote:
> Well I don't recommend this for primetime yet but it at least seemed
> to work for me.
> I ran
> mysqldump -u mythtv -p -t mythconverg record recorded oldrecorded
> recordedprogram recordedrating recordedmarkup recordedseek >
> recordings.sql
>
> Then I looked at the output and decided I probably only needed the
> insert statement for the recorded shows.
> So I deleted everything except one insert statement for the "recorded"
> table.

Really, you need all the (appropriate) information from the tables
listed in the HOWTO I mentioned (
http://mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-23.html#ss23.7 ).  You only need to
import entries from record if you want the recording rules to be moved
over.  (You could instead create them on the new system.)

By "appropriate informatoin" I mean you only need the entries that
correspond to the recordings you're moving over.  However, since that
would be 1 entry in recorded, oldrecorded, recordedprogram, and
recordedrating, but would be multiple (tens of entries, but not any
consistent number) in recordedmarkup and around (though not exactly)
3600 entries per half hour of recording duration in recordedseek,
finding the right entries is much harder than just importing everything
and "deleting" the "recordings" (no file necessary) you don't want.

> I suspect you are correct about the channel id's but I don't see how
> it would matter for a show that is already recorded.
> Sort of like if you had some shows recorded and then had to do a new
> channel scan and the old id's got blown away.
> You could still watch the old shows.

The channel ID and starttime is used as a unique key in most of the
tables you'll be using.  If they're identical on more than one
recording, you'll have problems.

> My next step is to cleanup my old backend and then do this completely.

I recommend taking a look at the HOWTO and wish you good luck with the
record uniqueness constraint.

Mike