[mythtv-users] Odd: Storage Group is showing two different drives as the same MythTV drive

Robert Kulagowski bob at smalltime.com
Wed Jul 25 20:24:52 UTC 2007

> Interesting...  That means that it should only consider them within 5
> seconds of each other if they're within 155MB of each other, but the
> values you posted from the df were almost 1GB apart.  Was the df from
> the same time as your requesting the backend status page?  Were there
> recordings occuring while you gathered the info (and you got the backend
> status, then afterwards got the df output)?  What architecture is your
> master backend?  And, just for good measure, how many capture cards do
> you have and what types are they?  (I'm wondering if there's a type
> error in some of the calculations and hoping all this will help me
> determine where to look.)

When I wrote the code that implemented the nfslock.lock file it was to
ensure that the mythbackend filespace calculator didn't double-include a
slave backend that had a common NFS share with the master.  It's
probably possible to create multiple .lock files to indicate if the
directory is in a storage group?  Anyway...

I'm sure that there was a recording between the two events; I just
didn't have a chance to monitor that closely.

Architecture is a single backend, 1xHDHR, 3xPVR250s, 2xDViCO FusionHDTV
5 Lite and a 3Ware 9500.