[mythtv-users] Reponding to emails within mythtv-users daily digest???

Daniel Arfsten darfsten at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 25 12:20:51 UTC 2007

I am very sorry but I don't understand at all how to reply to anyone's
questions or whatnot when I receive the daily digest. I sometimes get more
than 1 a day. I have read from someones response  that I shouldn't reply to
the daily digest email thingy so what should I do then? I get several
(meaning more than 2 or 3) emails everyday that contain numbered Subject
lines. The subject lines are from other users who belong to the mythtv-users
mailing list. I did it this way so I could look at what others are having
problems with and then I may be able to help or I may be able to receive
help by watching responses.

What I am asking is if I want to respond to a question that shows up in the
daily digest, how in the world do I make it so that it does an Re: to that
specific question? I don't belong to any other mailing lists so that is why
this is sort of confusing for me! I don't want to receive an email every
single time someone sends an email to the mailing list so I thought I would
do this digest thingy  so that I got 1 email (or 2 or 3) with many subjects
in it.

If I won't be able to respond easily by simply hitting reply than I suppose
I am going to have to copy the subject of that question and paste it into my
Subject line ( i use hotmail thru web interface) and then do I also have to
copy and paste the actual question and or previous responses? Then put my
answer above or below the previous responses? I have seen many get scolded
for top posting or whatever it's called and I don't want to do anything
that's not allowed.

Thank you for any help you can provide this mailing list newbie.

Daniel R. Arfsten