[mythtv-users] Upcomings Recordings is EMPTY after removing source, help please.

Daniel Arfsten darfsten at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 24 17:45:58 UTC 2007

System Info:
Feisty Fawn Ubuntu
Mythtv SVN .20 (from Ubuntu Feisty Fawn Repo's)
Haupauge PVR-350 capture card

Can anyone please suggest any kind of fix for this problem. Tv listings were
"nodata" for every channel after mythtv was working just fine for over 1
month, have no idea why this happened as I didn't futz with anything?

So I thought I would remove and readd the zap2it lineup. I used the capture
card to "rescan" for channels (which now I have learned overwrites the
zap2it channel info) Each channel just said, "Adding Channel 12" or whatever
the number was. No icon's and the channel name wasn't filled in.

I lived with this for a week or so but then read that I shouldn't have used
the capture card to scan for channels. So I thought I could remove the line
up again thru zap2it, I then also removed the source from within
mythtv-setup, and readdded it.

Everything is good to go EXCEPT now when I go to mythweb, I have no upcoming
recordings?????? OOPS. I hope I didn't just remove all the recordings info
(meaning what it should record and when). All my precious recordings are
there and when I click on the recording info for one of them, it does show
that all the scheduling info for that show is correct but still, when I go
into Upcoming Recordings within mythweb, there's nothing there?

I am at work, I was VNC'd in and also using mythweb thru internet explorer
over internet. When I saw that mythweb wasn't showing my upcoming
recordings, I went to my vnc session, started up mythtv-setup again, then I
started to remove the capture card because I saw in the logs of the mythweb
that I was getting capture card not found, my vnc session and putty
connection were cut off. Shoot!!!!! My darn roommate trys running to many
torrents and it floods the connection and then I have to unplug the modem
and router and replug it in and all is good again. So needless to say, I am
stuck until I get home around 4 pm central time.

Sorry so long, does anyone have a suggestion how I can get upcoming
recordings to fill in again? Shouldn't that info still be in the mysql
database? Any suggestions would be apprecitated.

Daniel