[mythtv-users] HDMI and DVI and Composite all at once?

Ma Begaj derliebegott at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 10:28:59 UTC 2007

> So cloning the primary output to the projector and tv is straightforward, but
> to get independent output on the monitor as well I would need a second
> graphics card, because no card does 'Triple-head'.

If you need three outputs, you will need two cards. I have two Nvidia
7600GS (passive), each with two DVI outputs ... One card is for dual
monitors, 2nd card is for projector (DVI) and TV (svideo).

> If I did want, e.g. a desktop, running on the monitor as well would I need a
> second keyboard setup in xorg?  I think I would because mythtv expects remote
> input via a 'keyboard'.

You can use both cards at the same time when you run two X servers.
they can run separately and you can watch TV/Projector and at work on
the monitor the same time. that is called multiseat system. X server
for projector/tv has no keyboard, because it is only for mythtv and I
use only my remote for mythtv.

You don't need 2nd keyboard for the 2nd X server, but you need 2nd
keyboard setup in xorg. just use Driver "void" and everything will be
ok.

M.