[mythtv-users] Caller ID onscreen during movies

Greg Estabrooks greg at phaze.org
Mon Jul 23 10:46:58 UTC 2007

> From what I've read, Mythtvosd only shows the CID info during video playback
> (not in menus) - is this right?

 Yes, myth only listens for OSD events when video is being played by the Internal player. When displaying the regular menus or if you use an external app
for video playback they wont work.

> 1.  Does the CID message clear after a few seconds or do you have to press a
> button to clear it?

 Both. It disappears after a few seconds or you can hit Escape to make it disappear faster.

> 2.  Did you have to d/l and build myth on the Asterisk box to get mythtvosd?
> (Or can you copy it from your myth box)

 You can certainly do that, but instead I build a smaller version of mythtvosd that doesn't rely on  most of the unneeded apps.

 You can try it here : http://www.phaze.org/mythtv/mythtvosd

(Still needs QT though)