[mythtv-users] Directv with usb 2 serial adapters

Tim Litwiller timlitw at gmail.com
Sun Jul 22 02:00:34 UTC 2007

I need help from someone who has done this before.

This might be more a linux question than mythtv question but it relates to
my mythtv setup

I am running fedora core 6
with 2 directv D12-300 STB's

I followed the wiki and got usb to serial adapter cord and nul modem cables
that are the same chip as the recommended and I don't get the /dev/ttyUSB*
device when I plug them in.

So I enabled the 1 serial port on the mother board - and tried that, but I
am guessing that I need to specify somewhere the speed to communicate thru
the port.

Is anyone here willing to  step me thru diagnosing why the usb->
serial(rs232) ports to initialize correctly? and the see if we can get the
directv.pl script to make the STB respond?