[mythtv-users] Help me choose: pcHDTV HD-5500 or AirStar-HD5000AV-PCI

Nicolas Riendeau knightr at istop.com
Sat Jul 21 16:03:51 UTC 2007

Hi!

Sorry for the somewhat delayed reply...

> Well, both tuners are active right now the case feels much cooler than
> the bare tuner cans of the AirStars. I can hold my hand on there as long
> as I like whereas removing my fingers from the cans became involuntary
> after about 8-10 seconds with the cards. That's a significant delta in
> temperatures.

Thanks!

That's one of the things that was bothering me with that device but I guess they
provided sufficient airflow so that the electronics inside are not litteraly "cooked"...

As soon as I get my "main" OTA antenna replaced (I'm currently using the "backup" one
and it's VHF only) I'll seriously consider buying this...

Thank you very much for your help!

Nick