[mythtv-users] Remote works in menu's, but not Live TV

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Sat Jul 21 02:27:21 UTC 2007

> On Friday 20 July 2007 14:16, Phil Bridges wrote:
>> What version of LIRC are you using?  My bet is that the LiveTV is
>> taking so much of your processor that the LIRC commands aren't making
>> it through.  What does your top say when you are watching Live TV?
>
> This makes sense. I just watch ~2 hrs of recording with some other
> processes
> running the background and the remote showed the same problem as with live
> tv. I'm using lirc 0.8.1.

I have a recollection of the Hz value the kernel was compiled with being
an issue if you have a late kernel with 1000Hz tick. There may be
something on the lirc mail archives.

I've not checked back through the thread but if you are using a serial IR
receiver then that really soaks up cpu time. The USB remote that some
pvr150mce cards come with uses no measurable time at all - I swapped to
using one and had to make no changes at all to any config other than
changing the driver.

--
Robin Gilks