[mythtv-users] Mythmusic scan for new music freeze

Jeff Collins Jeff.Collins at sabroso.com
Fri Jul 20 16:30:23 UTC 2007

When I go to scan my collection for new music the frontend stops at a
certain percentage and just hangs.  If I leave it overnight I notice
that it's back to the mythmusic screen.  I'm guessing that it just times
out and cancels the scan since not all of the music is listed in the
database.

I started mythfrontend with with -v debug-level and tried watching the
console during the scan, but not errors at all.  Anyone know of a known
issue with the scan or perhaps know how to view a debug on the scan?

My next thought was to start deleting out music to see if it was
getting hung up on a particular file or file type.

Using mythtv 0.20.1-157 on FC6

Thanks

Jeff