[mythtv-users] How to create another DVD Rip quality profile?

Scott Milliken scott.milliken at e-comsultant.net
Fri Jul 20 13:24:05 UTC 2007

I am currently importing my Battlestar Galactica DVDs to my file server
so that I don't have to play disc jockey when I want to go on a
binge...   but even the lowest quality setting of "Good" produces a
~650MB file for 44 minutes of a show.  This really should be down to
~350MB in my opinion, because I *cough* hear that you can download
episodes online that are about that size *cough* so I'd like to set up
another transcoding profile.  The MythTV Wiki doesn't appear to have any
information on doing that, unless it's cleverly disguised in another
section.  Anybody have insight as to how to accomplish this?

Scott Milliken