[mythtv-users] Will myth wakeup for mythfilldatabase

aaron memoryguy at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 12:33:58 UTC 2007

On 7/19/07, Michelle Dupuis <support at ocg.ca> wrote:

> I have myth set to wakeup for recordings automatically, and then power off
> again.
>
> Will myth also wakeup to run mythfilldatabase?  (Or do I need to manually
> schedule this)

It depends :)

It won't wake up out-of-the-box, but if you run mythfilldatabase at a
set time every day (eg/ via cron) then you can configure it to wake up
automatically for that time.

If, however, you use the Suggested Next Time from DataDirect <insert
world-is-ending-because-DataDirect-is-going-away ranting and raving
here :) > then obviously it's difficult to schedule the time to
wakeup... so in that case the backend will automatically force a run
the next time it starts up, if the suggested run time has already
passed.

...I hope that made sense...

--
aaron

"Oh oh oh. I'm incoherent with excitement. Please tell me what fascinating
bit of badger-sputumly inconsequential trivia you will assail me with next."
        -- Arthur Dent