[mythtv-users] eit / epg grabber for dvb-t

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 10:27:20 UTC 2007

On 19/07/07, Minty <mintywalker at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 7/19/07, David Watkins <watkinshome at gmail.com> wrote:
> > It's possible to disable the EIT in the backend setup (though I think
> > it's enabled by default).
>
> Thanks for the reply!
>
> I'm not aware that I've done that, but I'll go google for the
> appropriate place.  If anyone can point me at it ... :)
>
> > Sometimes it can be several minutes for the data to appear.
>
> It's been several hours.
>
> mythbackend.log has lots of lines like:
>
> EITScanner: Now looking for EIT data on multiplex of channel ...
>
> Is there any way to run that by hand in verbose mode and see what is going on?

There is a command line option to enable EIT message logging on the
backend.  I can't remember exactly, so try mythbackend --help.
Probably something like -v EIT.  I edited my /etc/init.d/mythbackend
script to add the option to my standard startup (Fedora, so Ubuntu may
be different).  It put a *lot* of stuff in the log, if I remember
correctly, so you'll want to take it out again when you're done.