[mythtv-users] tv resolution !?!

Hasse R. Hansen hasse at ramlev.dk
Wed Jul 18 21:12:57 UTC 2007

Hello,

My hardware is a GeForce EN7300 graphics card, and a Hauppage PVR500
tv-tuner card.

My tv signal is cable, my tv is a 32" widescreen LG HDTV,

1. When im on DVI->RGB converter and connecting the mythtv to the RGB
Input on the TV, i can go with 1280x768 in the GUI, and some smaller
(like 7xx*4xx or so) when im watching live tv. Very grainy, like it's
stretched both ways.

I heard from someone that it should be possible to be a totally clean
and nice tv signal.

But unfortunately not,

Anyone who is able to help me ?

2. I have an DVI -> HDMI cable to connect to the tv, but when im using
that, i cant get the GUI resolution to be more than 640x480. I have
tried everything there. ??

Kind Regards
Hasse R. Hansen