[mythtv-users] pcHDTV-3000 issues

DaveD mythtv at guiplot.com
Wed Jul 18 05:19:20 UTC 2007

I have had similar issues, but I had not made any correlations and had
no clue what was happening.  Since my system hangs so often, I reboot a
lot (motherboard and/or video problems, not sure, but that's another
thread) and only miss recordings once in a while, probably when the
system has been lucky enough to run for a few days.  You have described
my problem very well.  Thanks for the work-around (reboot).  I just need
to remember to reboot when there's something scheduled I care about
catching.

Have you tried messing with the capture card settings?  There's an
"Analog Options" button/screen that lets you set the /dev/videoX device
that corresponds to the analog portion of your dvb card.  I have two dvb
cards; a pcHDTV-3000 and a DVICO gold.  Both have an analog section and
both are very similar (same chips?).  I found that both had the
/dev/video0 defined as the analog device that is associated with the dvb
device (default, I assume).  For me, the pcHDTV-3000 was wrong.  I
changed it to /dev/video1 as /dev/video0 is the analog portion of my DVICO.

Also, do you use the analog section with another program (tvtime
maybe)?  I do, and I'll see if using that screws up Myth's ability to
use the dvb portion of the card.  I've changed that /dev/video, now, so
maybe no more missed HD shows.  Hopefully......

DaveD