[mythtv-users] MythWeb centralized system reporting

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Tue Jul 17 21:13:36 UTC 2007

Kevin Hulse wrote:
>     Are there any plans or interest in MythWeb reporting the
> status for all of the members of the cluster (frontends/backends)
> in a centralized manner through MythWeb. it would be handy to
> know what my frontends are doing, how heavily loaded they are,
> whether or not they are running, whether or not they are running
> slave backends and such.

There is no "status" for frontends, just the frontend remote control
port, which has some info in mythweb svn already (but must be enabled).
 The master backend is supposed to aggregate the status of slave
backends, so you shouldn't need to look at each one individually, anyway.

>     Alternatively, is there a safe way to expose this page to the
> outside world. I run MythWeb on my DMZ box.

It's up to you to poke the necessary holes in your firewall.

-Chris