[mythtv-users] OT: Stream Music around the house

Kevin Hulse jedi at mishnet.org
Tue Jul 17 17:33:28 UTC 2007

On Tue, Jul 17, 2007 at 03:29:45PM +0100, migmog wrote:
> I second the FM transmitter approach. I have a clutch of 1960s/70s
> Hacker radios - chosen for the sound quality not the name.... though
> the name is a conversation piece too ;-)
>
> They sound great, cost very little, and look nice too. And you can
> also listen to the radio :-)

	I don't really get why you would want to stream music around
the house. Even a respectable sized mp3/ogg collection is getting tiny
by the standards of modern storage. The terminal end solutions should
just cache everything and avoid network bottlenecks and wifi quality
issues.

[deletia]

	That was one of my annoyances with the Tivo home media option.

	With MythTV it's pretty easy to direct plugins to local or network
storage based on your own inclinations.