[mythtv-users] monit on ubuntu not working...

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 16:59:01 UTC 2007

On 7/17/07, Steven Adeff <adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Just to note, I changed this to restart instead of start as the Ubuntu
> > > script checks for an existing PID file on startup, if mythbackend crashes it
> > > leaves the PID, which in turns stops the startup from working... Possibly
> > > whats happening to you.
> >
> > perhaps that's it. I'll give it a try.
> >

> that seemed to do it? I had to kill mythbackend (memory leak? it used
> up all my swap space...) and a few seconds later it restarted!

except if monit starts mythbackend I get this error in MythWeb:
Error at /var/www/mythweb/modules/status/handler.php, line 29:
file_get_contents(http://192.168.1.152:6544)
[function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: Connection
refused

Error at /var/www/mythweb/modules/_shared/tmpl/default/header.php, line 16:
Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output
started at /var/www/mythweb/includes/errors.php:117)

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!