[mythtv-users] controlling directv D12-300 via usb

Tim Litwiller timlitw at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 15:32:04 UTC 2007

I found some on eBay with the right chips. 1.99 for each usb -> serial cable
and .89 for the null modem cables. + $6 for combined shipping = about $16.
so we will see if they actually are what they say.

They shipped yesterday so "fingers crossed" I should be operational in a few
days.  Using the Directv remotes last night I found out the second receiver
says not activated so I guess I'll have to call in about that too.