[mythtv-users] Remote to turn *on* mythtv?

Craig Huff huffcs at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 17 14:26:45 UTC 2007

Problem:  I can't get my remote to wake up my system.  I want to be able to wake from the suspend-to-disk state, which I *think* is S4 (important that I have this right -- see below)

Earlier in this thread Leighton reported that he was using the Microsoft MCE USB remote to wake his system from the suspend-to-RAM state.

I have an Asus M2NPV-VM motherboard based system which I am still configuring and I have a (newly purchased) Microsoft MCE USB remote attached.

I have all the mobo jumpers repositioned to supply standby power to the keyboard and the backpanel USB ports, where I have the MCE receiver attached.

I *can* wake my system up with the keyboard I'm using while I set it up, but eventually it has to go ;-).

I have turned on the BIOS setting for allowing/enabling PCI events to wake the system up.

I have tried doing the following before suspending to disk:
#  echo USB0 > /proc/acpi/wakeup
#  echo USB2 > /proc/acpi/wakeup
#  echo PS2K > /proc/acpi/wakeup
and then suspending with (IIRC):
#  echo disk > /sys/power/state

Since I plan to use Suspend2 (now called TuxOnIce! I think) and already have in installed, I tried that, too, after the three echoes to /proc/acpi/wakeup with:
  hibernate

I've tried various keys on the remote and can see the receiver feedback LED respond, but the system stays off until I use the keyboard or front panel power switch.

After performing the three echoes to /proc/acpi/wakeup, I get the following with this command:
# cat /proc/acpi/wakeup | grep enabled
PS2M    4    enabled
PS2K    4    enabled
USB0    4    enabled
USB2    4    enabled

I interpret this to mean the USB ports, keyboard and mouse are all enabled to wake the system from the S4 state.

Have I left any stones unturned or is this mobo doomed to not wake from S4 via this IR receiver?

Craig.