[mythtv-users] DVB-T Can't play existing Channel 5 recordings after SVN update

Steve Smith st3v3.sm1th at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 13:43:07 UTC 2007

This is probably unrelated but I noticed some interesting behaviour with
channel 5.

It flips quite quickly between interlaced and progressive, with a few
seconds (or even frames) interlaced
followed by some progessive etc etc.

However, THIS IS NOT THE BACKEND.... it's the original signal!

How do I know? Well the picture I get thru DVB-T and Myth is the same as I
get thru my
Telewest Digital Cable box. In particular look at Channel 5 news, look at
the weather/news ticker at the bottom.
Notice how the interlacing artifacts come and go... it seems that sometimes
the main picture is progressive but
the ticker is interlaced. It's exactly the same on the cable box. Even in
other programmes, one on D-Day a few weeks
ago had some scenes progressive and some interlaced (but marked incorrectly
as progressive so you could see the combing).

I've not seen this on other channels though.

Perhaps the new SVN is trying to "Correct" this...

Cheers

Steve