[mythtv-users] OT: Stream Music around the house

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Tue Jul 17 13:03:37 UTC 2007

On 7/17/07, Damian <damian at gingermagic.co.uk> wrote:

> Thanks for everyones replys. Much appreciated.
>
> The Apple airport sounds good, but I don't want to use wifi in the
> house. If you could use cable with them instead, I'd consider them, but
> even then it sounds like you're locked into iTunes. Don't like the sound
> of that.

You don't need wifi.  The box happens to be a wireless access point (bonus
if you need one but can be turned off if you don't) and has an Ethernet
wired connection on the device (which is how I use it).  While you are
"locked" into iTunes, it is simply as a playback mechanism.  I simply
pointed it at my Myth collection of MP3s on a samba share and it serves only
for playback.

Kevin