[mythtv-users] monit on ubuntu not working...

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 10:36:35 UTC 2007

On 7/17/07, Andrew Williams <lists at nikdoof.net> wrote:

> > disappointing, but at least I'm not alone. I'll assume ubuntu's
> > package of monit is messed up.
>

> The default cycle time for Monit is 120 seconds, so it'll take a while
> before monit notices, i've reduced my cycle down to 20 seconds. Check your
> syslog to see if its actually picking up that the process has died.
>
> To set your cycle time, put this line in your monitrc, change the last
> number for the number of seconds. Full docs are available here:
> http://www.tildeslash.com/monit/doc/manual.php
>
> set daemon 20
> Andrew Williams

thanks for the reply Andrew, sadly, I did change it, to 30 seconds,
but i waited much longer than that. i did notice that the init.d
script and the /etc/default/monit also had variables for the cycle
time, all set to 120 from the package. I changed all to 30, but how
annoying to have it hard coded in 3 places when only one place is
needed!

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!