[mythtv-users] Compiling

Anduin Withers awithers at anduin.com
Sat Jul 14 21:10:32 UTC 2007

> How do i get qmake in my users path?  if i log in as root i can get
> qmake to work:

You have probably just installed qt-devel, when you see it working for root
you are really seeing it working for a new login (which will execute
/etc/profile.d/qt.sh).

> but it says i getting xvmc errors.  Is it ok to compile as root?

There is no need to compile as root. You are missing headers that are found
in libXv-devel and libXvMC-devel, you are almost certainly missing others,
learn to track them down or get the build deps from an existing package.

--
Anduin Withers