[mythtv-users] Some Mythbuntu Help?

Dave Walker DaveWalker at ubuntu.com
Sat Jul 14 08:50:41 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-07-13 at 16:12 -0700, Tom Greer wrote:
<SNIP>

> I'm with you, I have four systems all configured with Feisty desktop -
> after which, the only extra step required was to tell synaptic to load
> the mythtv packages.
>
> (Later, I decided to compile my own from the latest SVN.)
>
> But the basic install is so simple, I don't understand the need for
> Mythbuntu.

<SNIP>

Mythbuntu is made by the same people who make the 'awesome' Ubuntu
Mythtv Packages; The standard Ubuntu desktop is far too bloated for a
dedicated Mythtv box.  The Mythbuntu project tries to make it as light
as possible with only the necessary things installed.

It also adds support to the installer that is not currently available
with the standard installation.  This includes a pretty 'Mythbuntu' boot
image and easier Lirc setup as part of the installation.

The Mythbuntu project also maintains their own repository to help
end-users get packages that haven't yet reached the official Ubuntu
repositories.  This includes weekly SVN 0.21-fixes packages and will
include the next release of 'Mythtv' before it reaches the official
Ubuntu repositories.

Kind Regards,
Dave Walker