[mythtv-users] Hauppage 4-button fails in upgrade

Lan Barnes lan at falleagle.net
Sat Jul 14 02:06:15 UTC 2007

I had a single PVR150 working with MD 3.2. I added a 2nd PVR150 (w/o a
remote plug), and it still worked.

I then reinstalled with MD 4.0. Now the remote isn't recognized. lircd is
loaded, but when I run irw in a CLI, I get no input.

I'm guessing that when the install probed the box during the install, it
made the card with the IR receiver the second card, and Myth expects it to
be the first. Just a WAG, but it's my hypothesis.

Here is hwconf on the cards:

class: CAPTURE
bus: PCI
detached: 0
driver: ivtv
desc: "Internext Compression Inc iTVC16 (CX23416) MPEG-2 Encoder"
vendorId: 4444
deviceId: 0016
subVendorId: 0070
subDeviceId: 8003
pciType: 1
pcidom:    0
pcibus:  0
pcidev:  8
pcifn:  0
-
class: CAPTURE
bus: PCI
detached: 0
driver: ivtv
desc: "Internext Compression Inc iTVC16 (CX23416) MPEG-2 Encoder"
vendorId: 4444
deviceId: 0016
subVendorId: 0070
subDeviceId: 8801
pciType: 1
pcidom:    0
pcibus:  0
pcidev:  6
pcifn:  0

Any hints or direction? For now I'm running on a gyration kbd (working
nicely, thank you), but it's overkill for normal use.

TIA,

--
Lan Barnes

SCM Analyst              Linux Guy
Tcl/Tk Enthusiast        Biodiesel Brewer