[mythtv-users] Some Mythbuntu Help?

Steve Smith st3v3.sm1th at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 20:01:58 UTC 2007

On 13/07/07, Gary Dawes <gary.dawes at gmail.com> wrote:

> Or if you want a debian based system with myth preinstalled and no other
> fluff - try knoppmyth. works great for me. It's been around a long while
> now, and is very mature, and has a great wiki, and forum. Really good strong
> support, which is what you need if it doesn't work perfectly
>
> gary
>
> On 13/07/07, Craig Yuen <craig.yuen at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > here's my 2cents too :-)
> >
> > install regular ubuntu and then go here for mythtv instructions
> >
> > https://help.ubuntu.com/community/MythTV
> >
> > i configures both a combined front/backend machine and my everyday
> > machine as a frontend. with no problems.
> >

> > On 7/13/07, nospam312 < nospam312 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > I thought I would give Mythbuntu as try but I am having problems
> > > getting it to install.
> > >
> > > It gets to 94% and it says Configuring additional drivers, Downloading
> > > package lists.  It fails or the time estimate just keeps on getting
> > > bigger and bigger and every minute or so displays a lower time
> > > estimate just to kid you to think its working.
> > >
> > > Any idea on what could be causing this - I assume its just downloading
> > > via http/80 nothing special?  Standard Ubunutu installs no problem and
> > >
> > > updates work fine.
> > >
> > > Also when choosing Tuners it does not give an option for a generic
> > > DVB-T card?  Is this what is not implemented?
> > >
> > > TIA

I'll chip in and say... my system is a standard Ubuntu Fiesty. I initially
set it up as a Frontend+Backend using the
standard Ubuntu packages. Then loaded the mythbuntu fixes packages.
Now I'm running a bit of a wierd hybrid with a libmythtv I've compiled
myself which includes my new DVB-T hacks.

Cheers

Steve