[mythtv-users] Upgrading to SVN

Mario Limonciello mario.mailing at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 19:17:11 UTC 2007

Hi Steve,

The Mythbuntu team has jumped back and forth about the idea of adding a
bleeding edgy repository for ubuntu users that wanted it to avoid
compilation.  There are a few odds and ends that need to be sorted out
before it would be done though (if we still opt to).

As i'm sure the other posters in this thread agree, however, trunk/bleeding
edge packages shouldn't be used by general end users.  I currently see the
compilation step required to go to SVN as a deterrent keeping the people who
shouldn't be on trunk from using it.

At the same time, general end users shouldn't be penalized with a difficult
compilation, and unable to use the latest and greatest 0.20-fixes packages.
For this exact reason, newer 0.20-fies packages are provided at
http://www.mythbuntu.org/auto-builds for the interested.

Mairo