[mythtv-users] Live HD TV jumpy

Billy Macdonald billymacdonald at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 05:01:13 UTC 2007

> I used to have this problem when I stored all of my recordings on a
> fileserver via NFS.
>
> I found that by having each frontend/backend combo save recordings (and
> LiveTV) to a local drive, the problem went away.
>
> Since my fileserver was a very old box, I thought perhaps the hardware or
> config was causing the problem.  But perhaps the issue is somehow tied to
> streaming LiveTV to/from a remote box?
>
> What does your setup look like?
>
> Tom

I had similar issues that went away with NFS tuning.  However, it
sounded like the original poster had the files stored locally.

For reference, here are the mount options that I found worked best.
Higher rsize & wsize or lower didn't work as well for my setup.

192.168.33.3:/var/storage       /var/storage    nfs
soft,rsize=8192,wsize=8192,nfsvers=3,tcp

and from the docs:

Billy