[mythtv-users] UK digital text question

K.King k.king177 at ntlworld.com
Thu Jul 12 19:50:12 UTC 2007

 > > I am afraid that I cannot help you with your question but I am most
 > > interested to note your successes so far. Would you be kind enough to
 > > indicate whether this is very complicated to achieve or could some old
 > > boy like me be able to do it?
 > >
 > > Norman

I would also be interested as I have tried (and failed) so far to manage

In case you have not found the other postings on this these were the answers

Andy suggested
it's not difficult, just make sure "enable interactive TV" is ticked
under the setup/setup/TV settings/playback section, about the 6th page
or so.

F2/3/4/5 are RGYB buttons and F6/F7 are text/exit

and I agree with Norman on all of his comment that
It works, wonderful. That is what I like about this list, ask a question
and one invariably gets a useful answer. I suppose these sort of things
are recorded somewhere the real problem is where to find them.

Nick also volunteered (which kinda also reinforces (all of) Norman's
Key assignments are listed in the keys.txt file that is distributed
with MythTV. You can view online at
for 0.20-fixes or at
http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/browser/trunk/mythtv/keys.txt for trunk,
where the ITV key assignments are listed.