[mythtv-users] ivtv can't be loaded properlly? asking for help!

Xi Jiarong XiJiarong at sp.edu.sg
Thu Jul 12 10:13:46 UTC 2007

I follow ivtv driver installation steps for my Hauppauge PVR150 card in
MythTV at www.wilsonet.com.
But now, I found I can't load ivtv.

I found the ivtv driver does exist, including: ivtv-firmware,
ivtv-kmdl-2.6.20-1.2925.fc6.i686 have been installed in this computer.

But I can not get any information in /var/log/messages when using the
following command:
 "tac /var/log/messages |
 sed -n '/=\ \ END INIT IVTV\ \ =/,/= START INIT IVTV =/p;
 /= START INIT IVTV =/q' |
 tac"

Moreover, I can got the warning: "/dev/video0 does not exist", but
/dev/video0 does exist in my this computer, puzzled!

How to solve this problem?
Aay suggestion would be welcome!
Thanks in advances!!