[mythtv-users] Storage Groups

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 03:16:54 UTC 2007

On 7/11/07, Brian J. Murrell <brian at interlinx.bc.ca> wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-07-11 at 21:16 -0400, Steven Adeff wrote:
> > yes.
>
> So far, so good then.
>

> > I don't think you can have both store a copy without something like
> > rsync'ing that recording.
>
> That would be an interesting feature enhancement of storage groups then.
>
> > Yes, but they would be two different mythtv setups that don't talk.
>
> Ahhh.  That's a/the problem then.  What I'm really looking for is two
> BE's that can be masters themselves and slaves to other masters.
>
> The idea is to create a Mythbackend "co-op" where a BE in the co-op can
> help you out if you have a conflict and not enough tuners to resolve it.

you don't need two masters for that, a single master and multiple
slaves will work it out to use all the tuners to record your shows
according to the priorities set for tuners and shows.

the only time you would need a slave to become a master is if the
master dies of a hardware failure.

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!