[mythtv-users] HVR 1100 only analog or digital, not both

Antonio Aneiros antonio at tonhitux.org
Thu Jul 12 00:06:36 UTC 2007

Hi again. I'm still fighting to make this card work under linux...

I have finally been able to configure both sides of the card, analog and
digital in mythtv but not at the same time.

If I configure the analog part as an analog v4l card, it works (well, not
great quality actually) but as I configure the other car as a dvb card i
can only watch digital channels. If I use "y" to change source from
digital to analog mythtv stops working.

As I already commented in previous messages, I can use both tuners on the
card with tvtime (for analog, but no sound) and mplayer (for both analog,
again no sound, and digital).

I was thinking that maybe further development of mythtv on the analog side
won't be carried out as analog TV is soon going to be obsolete (??)

Also, I'd like to have any information concerning other htbrid
analog/dvb-t cards working under linux (if any).

I've almost decided to swap my card now after almost two weeks trying to
set up mythtv to no avail...

Thanks.