[mythtv-users] Any have an xorg.conf for NVIDIA that uses a special ModeLine?

nospam312 nospam312 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 20:44:01 UTC 2007

> Other people's working modelines won't do you any good, unless you are
> driving the exact same display device that they are.  You will need to tell
> us what display you are using.
>
> Better yet, you could figure out why X is ignoring your modeline.  If you
> look in your Xorg.0.log file (typically in your /var/log/ directory), it
> will tell you some interesting stuff.

Thanks everyone for suggestions but I tried the Xorg log.0 file it was
not helpful this is partly why I gave up.

I have already specified UseEdidDpi false is that enough in the device section?

In my device section I have the line
Option      "MetaModes" "1024x768,1024x768"
Does this need changing/removing to match up with my ModeLine setting
- do the NVIDIA drivers look at ModeLines defined in the Monitors
section?

Any further help would be appreciated as I can get it to work when I
use my the same hardware but Windows (so I know my ModeLine values are
correct as PowerStrip converts them for you) but can't get it to work
with MythTV/Linux system?

Cheers