[mythtv-users] Remote to turn *on* mythtv?

Billy Macdonald billymacdonald at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 18:30:21 UTC 2007

On 7/11/07, David Frascone <dave at frascone.com> wrote:

> I can't think of any way to do it -- but is there a way to turn on a myth
> box via remote?  What about if suspended?  Can it do wake-on-serial?
>
> -Dave
>
> --
> David Frascone
>
> EXPANSION SLOTS: The extra holes in your belt buckle.

Not exactly what you are looking for likely, but I have 2 HD Homeruns,
and a remote frontend.  The homeruns and frontend are in the living
room.  One HDHR is configured to send the power command to the
backend, with IREXEC then is configured to send a Wake on Lan to the
front end.

But now that I see that there are some hardware devices available, I
may go that route so that I can put the HDHR with the backend and on
UPS.

Billy