[mythtv-users] Xv on Myth [was yum Q: Can I use yum with local rpms?]

Lan Barnes lan at falleagle.net
Wed Jul 11 16:35:03 UTC 2007

Awesome! I can't thank you enough.

The problem is, an indiscriminant yum update with Myth can break things
(and would be hard to roll back) because the Myth is still fragile and the
newer versions, especially of libs, might not work.

The thing that has me confused is that Xv worked with my nvidia GForce
card in MythDora 3.2 and doesn't work in MD 4.0. MD may be screwed, but
it's also possible that I have the wrong nvidia driver. There are a lot of
them around.

I need Xv because my Myth color output badly needs tuning, and I can't do
it at the TV because we still use its native output on a different line
select.

I wouldn't dare touch any of the Myth programs with yum or anything else.
But I might want to load something from my MythDora 4.0 DVD and ask yum to
fill in the blanks appropriately.

Hmm ... I'm going to cross post this to myth-users. Maybe someone clueful
there can also comment and/or help with the underlying challenge ...
getting Xv to work.

Thanks again.