[mythtv-users] removing commercials

Paul Harrison mythtv at dsl.pipex.com
Tue Jul 10 19:41:31 UTC 2007

norman wrote:
> I have 2 broadcasts to burn, consecutively, to a DVD. Both had the
> commercials marked, as I have done many times before and 'Use Cut List'
> was checked. The first video was fine but the second one still had the
> commercials. Any suggestions please as to the reason and how to avoid
> this happening again?
>
> Norman

Are you setting the 'Use Cut List' check box for each recording?

The cut list is applied per recording so you have to make sure that you
set 'Use Cut List' for each recording. You do that by selecting each
recording in the list on the 'Select Archive Items' screen and making
sure the  'Use Cut List' check box is checked. If the 'Use Cut List'
check box doesn't show for a recording then there is no cut list
available for that file and you will have to go back and edit the
recording to add the cut list.

You can check that you have set 'Use Cut  List' for all the recordings
you have added to a DVD by looking on the last page of the wizard where
the 'Finish' button is located. The list of items to be recorded at the
top of that screen should have the check box checked below the pair of
scissors icon for all the items you want to remove commercials.

Paul H.