[mythtv-users] TiVo-like program guide

Jay Mallar surfing at jaymallar.com
Tue Jul 10 18:43:09 UTC 2007

One of the outright *best* things about my TiVo is the program guide.

The TiVo guide is more vertical and has two panes.  On the left pane you
get a list of about 10 channels and what is currently playing on each
channel.  When a channel is selected in this pane the right hand pane
displays the schedule  over the next several hours on that channel.
When you are in the right hand pane up/down move forward/backward in
time on that channel.  When you are in the left hand pane, up/down move
between channels.  As you move between channels, the right pane updates
to reflect upcoming programming on that channel.

Here's an example: http://www.pvrcompare.com/SATivo2TivoChannelGuide.jpg

It's *by far* the most efficient program guide I've ever seen.

Is there any way to duplicate TiVo's guide style in MythTV?

--
-Jay